Monday 24 January 2011

Album Artwork Introduction and Aims

When designing an album cover I need to keep a number of things in mind. When this album hits the shop shelves, it needs to be able to catch the eyes of customers and represent the band/ genre perfectly to make a sale. The cover must look appealing and professional, failure to take those aspects seriously will result in my album cover and therefore artist not being taken seriously.

Plan of Production
Before creating my finished product, I plan to make several drafts. The first will be hand drawn and then I will create the cover on Photoshop. I will then take what I learnt from making that cover to hand draw a design and create a final, finished cover that will represent my artist.

Research
I will need to conduct some deep research into the target audience and the genre of my artist before even thinking about a design. I need to discover what fonts, colours, images, layouts, band names etc. will work absolutely perfectly with what I'm trying to achieve.

I should also bare in mind that this cover should represent the music video I am going to help create with my production group. So does my cover hit the codes and conventions of the chosen genre in the same way as the music video?

No comments:

Post a Comment