Wednesday 6 April 2011

Album cut2



Since I made my first draft for this cover, I have re-evaluated the colour scheme and gone with a strict black and white idea. I have incorporated a bar behind the text that is 65% transparent so it does not interrupt the fractal background but still emphasizes the band name and the single title.

I decided to change the red brushes to white as I simply prefer the way it looks. I used a calligraphic font for the single name, as the song title is poetic and the lyrics too, the writing is artistic and reflects this well.

I also created a logo for ELJAF productions and placed it in the bottom left of the cover. This is conventional of modern day album art advertising and I thought it fitting to help promote the company. Should the company be considered reputable, this would also help promote the band.

I believe the background holds strong meaning concerning the gothic genre, it's dark mysterious complexity is intriguing and artistic, but at the same time is incredibly vacant, reflecting the attitudes of the gothic world.

As the song is called bring me to life and this is a single album cover, I intend to include some for of red center- piece. I am considering using a rose or a wishing well. I have also started work on the back cover and will post drafts shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment